Thursday, June 2, 2011

News, Views and Important Opportunities

I just finished the table runner that is posted. It's only important because I took pieces of my last quilt when I was done and created the piece.  I had enough fabric left to make this piece and with the purchase of another yard of one of the fabrics am able to complete four placemats.  Yeah.  Since the quilt was a project for a quilt pattern I'm going to be selling it was nice to get something out of it for me.  From time to time I will do little things like this readers can get ideas about things they can do with leftover scraps.

I've posted the Babylock link on right side of this page (under links).  If you are into sewing at all, go to their Facebook pages and see what's going on.  Hint: there is a contest going on that is pretty exciting with an opportunity to win a really nice prize.  Also, the contestants that have posted their projects so far are showing some really nice things.  Take a look and get ideas and GET MOTIVATED.


FYI, if you are a quilter that doesn't pre-wash your cottons rethink the process.  True heirloom quilts will be made of 100% cotton which means there will be some shrinkage.  Between the cotton of the quilt and a cotton batting there can be between 1-5% shrinkage and the batting and outer cotton may not shrink the same percentages.  Reduce the possibility of disappointment by pre-washing.  It's an extra step but one that will pay off in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment