Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ways to Have Fun and Be Productive

    Yesterday was an interesting day.  My best friend and I took a quilt break yesterday at Barnes and Noble.  We grabbed some coffee at Starbucks then headed to the magazine rack for a stack of quilt magazines which we poured over for several hours.  We both got so excited to see the trends and what's being done.  I also on trip #2 to the mag rack found a handbook on Blogging.  Thirty-two dollars later I think I'll turn into a blog and twitter wizard...at least in my mind.
    I also learned a valuable lesson last night.  Don't sew when you are tired or frustrated.  I have a design I'm working on that was giving me issues but I had set a goal to get so much done.  I kept going and lo and behold this morning there was a big mistake staring me in the face.  Out came the seam ripper and an hour of rework the pieces were back together.  I was so mad at myself.  So, a word to the wise, give it up when you think you are getting tired of the sewing.  Be ready to start on it another day.
    So all of that being said, I'm off to finish my quilt.  Yeah. 

Happy creative hearts to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment