Friday, June 17, 2011

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts

Seems like quilt tops take on their own life.  I have finished three quilts in the last few months and the latest is almost ready for binding.  It will go into a contest with Babylock.  The photo tells the story.  I'm rather proud of this quilt because of a couple of reasons: 1)  some of the fabric was free  2) It took me in a different direction 3) I created a new technique for designing a pattern by doing a layout schematic.  In  the end this latest project stretched me which is what needs to happen from time to time.  What do you all think?

   I've used traditional block piecing and applique to make it have a bit of punch.  The colors are so fresh and clean, which is something I really wanted to focus on.
   Another project bites the dust.  Yeah.  I will post the finished picture once I have the binding in place.  It will all make a lot more sense then...or at least that is what I'm hoping for.  We shall see.  Feel free to post comments if you wish.

I'm also quilting this next quilt for a friend.  The design is mine and she and I took different approaches so soon we'll have the photographs of both--her's and mine.  The main fabric is exactly the same, the accent fabrics are different.  You will see when I post them together.
   Must go prepare a back for yet another quilt to do today.  Getting projects off the list is a good feeling. 
  Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment