Sunday, November 1, 2009

Foot Fetish

I can't believe that at 56 I have discovered something about sewing that has been under my nose for years. It's called sewing feet. I knew some of them existed, but I thought they were for fancy sewing machines, which I don't have. Many thanks to my friend Phyllis for introducing me to the many wonders and uses of the different sewing machine feet.

As I moved through there uses this week I've discovered the: 1/8" rolled hem foot; free motion foot; cording foot; pin tuck foot; ruffler foot; and the shirring foot. I've ordered a 1/4" rolled hem foot and a ruffler for my machine which will turn my boring every day, low cost machine into a wonder.

The most amazing part to this is that as I used these new found tools I've learned to forgive myself my short-comings and mistakes that I made doing everything the old-fashioned way or by hand. Sometimes frustration would set in as sewing projects progressed because the quality I sought seemed elusive. Now it is clear why that was...TOOLS MAKE IT WORK!

If you've not discovered or ventured into the world of various sewing feet, grow a foot fetish like I did and discover them one at a time. You will be excited about your sewing projects once again. That is a guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment